Saturday, August 8, 2009

Youth Conference. . . . :)

So I know I haven't blogged in a little while. . . all right it has actually been 5 months. I know that sounds really really bad but I've been REALLY lazy lately so I figure better late than never so here it goes. . . . Today I returned home from Youth Conference. I had a blast! I got to see all my friends and do pretty much whatever I wanted to without having to ask my mom first:) I left on thursday and we drove up to Pineview. There is a family in our ward that let us stay in their cabin. The cabin was awesome amd it was only down the street from the lake. I would show you a picture but umm. . . . I was too lazy to take any. . . .and my mom is kinda mad cuz she let me take her camera and she told me that I better take a minimum of 30 pictures. . . but i'm sure as you can tell I didn't take any. Anyway the when we got up there we pretty much just played games and talked and unpacked our stuff for the night. Later that night the girls decided we were going to try to pull an all nighter. I was not up for this at all. I LOVE to sleep. I would probably sleep all day if i could but I would be in big trouble. So I laid in my bed and tried to sleep but I couldn't over all of the laughter and singing (yes there was singing) and the flashes of pictures being taken. So I decided to get off my butt and join the party. By this time it was about 2 in the morning. After I got up the boys piled on up the stairs and joined our fun. Someone gave the idea of telling jokes. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. All the jokes were really stupid but we were all so high on sugar that we laughed anyway. Finally at about 3 in the morning the boys went downstairs to bed and us girls decided to watch The Princess Bride. Instead of watching it we all fell asleep for maybe five hours before the beehives got here. Oh boy wasn't that fun to have all the beehives and deacons downstairs running around and yelling come on lets get to the lake!!!!! So finally we pulled ourselves out of bed and got ready for a big day of BOATING:) Personally I don't think that the beehives and deacons should have been there at all, even though it was only to go boating, youth conference is for the older kids who are 14 and above. The rest of us had to wait to go all, why couldn't they? But our bishop decided that they could go so the older kids had to suck it up. We finally got Pineview lake. We got set up at the beach and started blowing up the tubes. Ahhh the tubes. So there is one called the Molecule. it has three balls and in the middle is a raft type thing. My friends Livia, Rachel, Kaitlyn, and I dibbed first ride. I don't know if I ever want to ride that thing again. It was CRAZY!! I was (of course) the first one to fall off. But I am happy to say it didn't hurt at all. So I climbed back on and braced myself for the next ride. This time my friend Rachel and I both started to fall of the edge. We were laughing as our heads were bouncing up and down off of the surface of the water. We both lost gripped and flipped into the water. We started swimming toward the boat as we see Livia and Kaitlyn in the water laughing. After falling off twice I decided it was time to go back to the beach and sit on my towel. And from lack of sleep the night before I fell asleep without putting some more sunscreen on. Now my face and legs are fried and they both feel like they are on fire. Other than the sunburn I had a BLAST and I can't wait to go again!!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Glad you had fun..I especially love the pics...oh wait...there aren't any!

MegaMonster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MegaMonster said...

i love pineview.. i'm jealous you got to go have fun at the lake while i stayed home.. AGAIN.

Janet said...

It sounds like you had a great time and I loved reading about it! You are a very good writer...I could just picture all the things you wrote about! Take pictures next time...but keep on writing...you are GOOD!

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

I enjoyed your writing too! It sounds so fun. I am glad you got up and decided to join the party...those memories will be priceless and the bonds you have with those girls are worth a night of no sleep... a little secret...even adults pull all nighters. The last night of girls camp me and my other level leaders went around to all the girls tents and scared them with a flashlight and a big shadow of a tarantula spider. Good times.

Janet said...

Where are you Kaitlyn...do you have blogcomblock too?

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Hi Kaitlyn, checking in...hope all is well, love you!